CDS Eligibility 2017 | UPSC CDS Eligibility 2017 | Eligibility for CDS
1. Nationality: An applicant must be either
- A native of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan exile who approached India before first January, 1962 with the expectation of for all time settling in India, or
- A man of Indian root who has moved from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the expectation of for all time settling in India.
- Given that an applicant having a place with classes (b), (c), (d) and (e) might be a man in whose support an endorsement of qualification has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age Limit:
- For IMA: Unmarried male competitors orn not sooner than 02-07-1993 and not later than 01-07-1998.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male competitors conceived not sooner than 02-07-1993 and not later than 01-07-1998.
- For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male competitors age between 20-24 years as on 01-01-2017 (conceived not sooner than 02-07-1993 and not later than 01-07-1998).
- For Officers' Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male competitors (wedded or unmarried) conceived not sooner than 02-07-1992 and not later than 01-07-1998.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless dowagers who have not remarried and issueless divorced people (possessing legally binding notes) who have not remarried are qualified. They ought to have been conceived not sooner than 02-07-1992 and not later than 01-07-1998.
Note: Male divorced person/widower competitors can not be dealt with as unmarried male with the end goal of their affirmation in IMA/INA/AFA courses and appropriately they are not qualified for these courses.
3. Instructive Qualification:
- For I.M.A. what's more, Officers' Training Academy: Degree of a perceived University or comparable.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a perceived college/organization.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a perceived University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Those applicants who are contemplating in the last years Degree course and have yet to pass the last year Degree examination are additionally qualified to apply.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit by gauges for admission to Combined Defense Services Examination